Feb 29, 201209:44 AMOne More Bite
Recipe: Baked Tuna Cakes w/ White Truffle Oil
Wow, How quickly time flies!
I may find myself short on time but never ingredients! Tuna packed in water, skim milk and Eggland's Best eggs are just a few of the healthy ingredients you will find in today's recipe. A great protein source that's also packed with Omega 3's, Baked Tuna Cakes with White Truffle Oil are an ideal red meat substitute. Not that there is anything wrong with red meat.
Seeking healthier meal options? Celebrate American Heart Month with Baked Tuna Cakes. They might be just what the doctor ordered. Although, I'd still eat my apples!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT -Eggland's Best eggs when "compared to ordinary eggs, Eggland's Best have double the Omega 3." www.Egglandsbest.com
Ingredients: 2 -5oz. can Starkist Light Tuna in water (drained), 1 teaspoon EVOO with White Truffle oil, 3 eggs (hardboiled and finely chopped), 6 oz. Shredded Cheddar cheese, 1 1/4 C. Frozen mixed vegetables, 1/2 C. Sweet onion (finely diced), 1/4 C. celery (finely diced), 4 T. Mayonaisse, Kosher salt, Lemon pepper seasoning.
(1) In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients above. Season with salt and lemon pepper. Set aside.
(2) In a seperate mixing bowl combine 3/4 C. Skim milk, 2 eggs and 3/4 C. AP flour until smooth. Set aside.
(3) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a cupcake tin with non-stick cooking spray.
(4) Add flour mixture to large bowl of tuna and veggies. Blend thoroughly. Spoon mixture into cupcake tins filling halfway.
(5) Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Using a butter knife around the edge of each tin, loosen the tuna cakes. They should remove with ease when properly cooled. Serve with a side of Stewed Tomatoes and brown mustard for dipping.
Recipe, Food styling and Photography by David Plowman personal chef / owner Catering By Grace. He can be contacted at email@example.com